Announcement of the upcoming elections @ the 2018 General Assembly in Coimbra
hereby the Executive Committee likes to emphasize the member institutions to nominate candidates for the upcoming Executive Committee elections at the General Assembly of EAS in Coimbra / Portugal (12.-14. September 2018).
As mentioned in the General Assembly 2017 in Aarhus, the statutes point out the following rules for elections following the Maltese rules and regulations for Non Governmental Organizations with a legal seat in Malta.
Election and Retirement of Committee Members:
- Nominations for Committee Members, shall be received before the thirty first (3l st) January each year. Nominations will not be accepted from the floor during an Annual General Meeting. All nominations must be duly proposed and seconded and bear the written consent of the person nominated.
- An application for nomination shall be in the form, from time to time prescribed by the Committee, and shall include the name, address, date of birth and occupation of the candidate, ID Number, and the signature of the Proposer and the Seconder.
The EAS statutes can be seen here: EAS_Statutes-signed_26Jul2016
The nomination requires a form that includes:
- Name – Address – Date of birth – Occupation of the candidate.
- ID number and signatures from 2 proposers.
- The completed forms need to be sent to the Secretary General who enters the names in the Register of Candidates (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Secretary informs the nominated people in writing after the election whether they were elected or not.
- Those who are elected shall receive a copy of the Statutes and the Bye-laws.
- The election must be completed during the General Assembly.
The necessary form can be downloaded here: EAS_Nomination form for Excom Members.
If there is any question, do not hesitate to get in touch with the EC by sending an eMail to the EC members. Contact data can be found here: http://www.dualcareer.eu/about-eas/